Terra Firma Chapter II - Bonds of Blood 3.5 Server

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Phann

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cuda

PostSubject: Phann   Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Is there any way to make BoB more solo friendly?
Maybe not quite as solo friendly as Seven Dragons, but more so than it is now.
It is now nearly impossible to form a party and the bosses are nearly impossible running solo.

I have a 11th lvl rog/fig and can barely do Child on a solo run. XP(and decent magic items) is hard to come by and slow accumulation makes for...well, boring adventuring (having to run the same areas over and over again for XP).

I really like BoB and wish to continue playing there (even if all alone), but running solo is almost too difficult especially for lower level chars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deling3

PostSubject: Solo   Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:24 am

The server is not designed to be a solo friendly server and should not be reformatted to be either. Instead of worrying about changign to make it solo friendly we need to get old players back and recruit new players.
Back to top Go down
Cuda

PostSubject: Re: Phann   Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:29 am

Let's face it, NWN is old. It's also 3.0 based, which is, again, old.

We've been over the getting old players and recruiting thing again and again...I don't see it happening.
That's not to say I don't want it to happen, I want nothing more. I miss the role-play.

When I finally do beat Seven Dragons, I'll devote more time into BoB.
Thing is, I'll have to create a new char. that will be able to handle things on his own...
since there is rarely anyone on.
I'm not worried about it, it's a fact that can't be ignored.
If I wish to play on this server, I must accommodate for the situation, and not pipe dreams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Phann   Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:46 am

I have to disagree. Converting the whole of Bonds of Blood to a single player module would take huge amounts of time and effort, which Phann clearly doesn't have right now. In the time that this could be done, imagine the steps that could be taken in order to improve BoB as a PW.

The 'NWN is old' thing has been brought up many times, but the fact is, that doesn't stop several other RP servers from reaching their maximum in players every single day. I'm sure BoB has the potential to be successful as a multiplayer game, but it requires dedicated staff and players, which is something BoB doesn't have much of at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Lord Bahlin1
Faction Leader

PostSubject: Re: Phann   Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Recruiting was something I highly encouraged in the metropolis.
I still remember how I got ripped into on the forums for recruiting low levels into Metro and giving them positions of authority. (can you tell I'm still holding a grudge?) The words F--- them comes to mind with a special hand signature for the complainers.(can you tell tha made me feel good?)
Anyways, I don't know how mature or responsible of me that was but Im still damn happy that majority of the last set of Lords came from the militaries I made.
Anyways, right now I want to get in touch with Phann.
I think its time I finally came home to BoB and see what I can do to help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuda

PostSubject: Re: Phann   Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 am

You had no choice Bahlin, the amount of players available dictated modification to certain "rules", just as changes are necessary in char gen now.
I have stated before that I will continue playing on BoB as long as it is available to play on.
I'm no programmer or scripter to know what goes into changing bosses to be somewhat easier than they are now, but it can't be that tough.

I just want my main character to be able to go where I want him to go, and for some time now, the bosses have been an obstacle I can't overcome without a competent party...and parties are hard to come by. It sucks that I have to kill a boss to advance to another area, BoB is much more vast than it was, and I am curious (rogues usually are).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phann
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: Phann   Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:58 pm

Stay tuned...

p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phann   

Back to top Go down