HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

NWN V1.69 releases

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phann
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: NWN V1.69 releases   Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:39 pm

I am aware that 1.69 has released and am updating test server to check to see if module runs. This is going to take a bit as the file is 500 Meg. Once I get a good check I will update the production server.

Phann
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dryadic Doom
Faction Leader

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:12 am

Hopefully it should be fine then...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phann
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Testing   Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:30 am

I asked test team and DM team to check out the release. Haven't heard anything back yet. I had issues getting it all to work, however I think it is more VISTA than NWN.

P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saduj

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:24 pm

Woot!
Back to top Go down
Dryadic Doom
Faction Leader

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm going to get a different installation of NWN running 1.69 on my computer, but that's proving harder than I thought because my network card's got problems and so it's having a hard time downloading the patch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phann
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Release   Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:02 pm

I think I will try to put 1.69 in production sometime on Sunday unless some major issue is found before then. If I don't make that window, I am not sure yet when my next opportunity will be.

I have not yet added any new 1.69 features to BoB [No horses]. Although I am really excited to get a chance to start integrating all the new features! Those will start coming in on updates and I already have a good little list.

P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dryadic Doom
Faction Leader

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:55 am

So Princess might get her ponies?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seph K

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:25 am

There aren't any models for the monsters riding horses, so your likely not to see minos, or dryads, or anything besides the 7 base races, riding horses.

So, no horses for princess, or Kala even.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NamelessVoid

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:36 am

Well then prepare to see a "princes" remake as standard halfer or human affraid

I bet she ll do that Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dryadic Doom
Faction Leader

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:27 am

Kala doesn't need a horse, she's got her tiger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phann
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: V1.69   Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:20 am

BoB Production has been updated to 1.69. I haven't done any new 1.69 stuff yet.

P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NamelessVoid

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:51 am

Hello, I have a problem with updating to 1.69. When i click on the update button it
says „there is no new patch to DL“. My version is a german one by the way…

Can anyone help? I think more ppl might have that problem
since i was in gamespy 10 min ago and only saw 1 person in server.

Greets

Liloran
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NamelessVoid

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:57 am

I ve tried to DL the patch also by myself from this Bioware page Here the link: http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch.html

and
i noticed that there is also officially no 1.69 version for non-english
NWN. That would explain why noone can join teh server now... I think we
should return to 1.68 cause it seems that the vast majority cannot join
the server...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seph K

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:07 pm

ya, bioware hasn't got out the translated versions yet. Currently, there is a work-around, I think what you do is basically convert your installation to english and then update it, though, that would be a problem to those who don't understand it well . . .

Apparently, Bioware is trying to have the community help them translate the non-english versions, I would just guess that it has something to do with no more funding for the game's development.

at the bottom of the first post here: http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=639591&forum=42&sp=0 there is info on how you can help.

as a side note, I thought this post was funny: http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=639591&forum=42&sp=25
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NamelessVoid

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Okay Sad

I will wait then untill its translated... Just hope there are enough german/swiss/austrian fans out there who are able and willing to do that *sigh*

DO you know how long it will take approximatelly though? Has bioware posted a date somewhere?

NamelessVoid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seph K

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:58 am

they actually said they had no clue, because they had never done anything like this before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phann
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:44 pm

That was a pretty funny post Seph.

We are considering what to do regarding 1.68/1.69 and the lack of language patches.

I want to try a revert test with the test system to see what happens to characters once they have been updated. I suspect it might not be good.

There are other issues with 1.69 that we are also considering. My fav is the doggies riding ponies one (i.e. Hounds can't ride horses). I am sure none of the subspecies will work with horses. Seph may have more on that issue, he is always more in tune with that sort of thing than I am. I suspect it is a model issue that will not get resolved.

The other thing is we may change things to "fit" BoB. I am not sure if we will work around some 1.69 caused issues or just leave em. So be wary of your 1.69 chars that have new abilities. As an example, we are really not sure what issues the Purple Dragon Knight class will cause.

On the positive side. I really am looking forward to the new things I can add to BoB.

P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NamelessVoid

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 pm

Ahh, thanksgodness you are not gone on vaction yet Phann Smile

Okay... I have discovered a few threads on the bioware sites and angerman NWN 1 site. From what I have heard/read the patch wont get translated so soon. It will at least take a few weeks untill the developers get it all organized. They said a few times "we have never done anything like this before,..."

So, those without an english version wont be able to enter BoB for a while *sobs*

Is it a lot of work to bring BoB back to 1.68, for just 2-3 weeks untill the other languages are translated? I have no clue about scripting and programing and hope its not a silly dumb noob question lol!

Greetings
Lila Shadowdagger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seph K

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:08 am

It will probably make all new characters, and any characters who have gained a level, invalid, mostly because of the new ride skill, and especially if they have taken a new feat or class, it may even make those who haven't gained a level invalid.

As to the horses, I really don't think you will see anyone except for the base races and the gith (who use base race models) ridining, theoretically, you could work the models to make the others be ridable, but you would need either an override or a hak for that, something BoB has avoided like the plague, for good reasons.

All the horses are is a set of tails that look like a horse and a pheontype, or body type, that makes you look like you are sitting on it. So in order for a model to be ridable, it needs to first have a tail model, and second needs to be a "P" model, or part model, which only the base races are currently.

If I remember correctly, Hakalot/Carcerian made a mod that turned some races into "P" models, atleast I remember that raks were. If there is any chance whatsoever that the base races will be able to someday ride, it will be through work like his, and overrides, at the very least.

Even if horses aren't implemented as "ridable" they can still be implemented as something, maybe as side-kicks who will fight with you, or as pack horses, maybe if you have one, and you are a monster race, you would still get all the benefits of riding, even though you aren't visually doing so. There is a lot that could be done with them, either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phann
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:13 pm

I agree with Seph on this one. The models are going to be an issue. Well it gives me an opportunity to get creative which is always fun.

We do have some issues with horses that have been identified. Not sure yet what I am going to do about them... There is a lot of stuff hitting at once with 1.69.

P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NamelessVoid

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:04 am

a few suggestions/thoughts on BoB and 169...

Automaticly
assign wings and tails (or give option in subrace selector, eith
asimaar winged, asimaar wingless, succubus winged, succubus wingless,
an option after it to pick wings tails, etc)

Reorganize Token of Actions:

place all emote type actions into an *emote* menu, and incorperate same *emotes* into chat functionality

Add a character customization option to add wings tails, etc (only functional at level 1, like subrace selector)

Add a character repair submenu (to remove old wings, tails, set head to slot 1, reset horse, and other fixes)

Overhaul Old Areas with New Tilesets:

use new interiors (esp entry room),

replace industious sewer tilesets with steamworks,

use barrows for metro crypts (esp boss area),

mons replaced with rural castle exterior, etc.

Update, old monsters with new looks, aka elite ogres, possibly make centaurs use satyr model, etc

Add custom Helmets and Cloaks

Jousting Armor, Armor with tabards, loinclothes, longcoats, etc

Add some new subraces based on 169 creatures ands on sou and hotu creatures (since all are required now)

Possible
Races : Asabi, Azer, Curst, Drider, Formian (Thri-Kreen), Ghoul, Imp,
Mind Flayer, Ogre, Quasit, Revenant, Sahuagin, Satyr, Slaad (green),
Stinger, Troll, Vampire, Wereboar (Beastman), Werecat (Tabaxi), Wererat
(Ratkin), Wraith, etc

New Variants on old monsters : Gelatinous Cubes (Cherry, Lemon, Orange, Strawberry), Slaads (Tossed, Ceaser, Fruit, Potato),

jocolor

Seriously
though, enabling the new AI from hotu (missile, defender, healer and
stealth for both rogues and invis casters) only takes one variable per
monster, and has dramatic effects in battle. (wizards etc set on
stealth cast invis, hide, buff, summon, then attack and re-invis, etc
if they have proper spells available, archers try to keep a ranged
distance (great for raks) defenders use expertise, helpers heal and
buff others (good for clerics), and so on)

Adding variety to old
monster areas can be as easy as adding a few special pets, or class
variants appropriate to each race (goblin bombardiers (with flaming
oil), orc assassins, trained kobold rats, for low level, for higher,
more variety in drow and driders, (mages, priests, trained spiders),
beholders (mage, undead, hybrid, elder orbs, legendary gas spores that
explode in cloud of diseased spores), and the like.

Add more
presence of monster races in spawns, more spawns of the races of
minotaurs, yuan-ti, lizardmen, troglodytes, gith, and the like would
add flavor and richness to bob, and give the players of monsters a
"population" of their own, (esp great for dm events as well). Herbidus
maps is a great place to start, but many mid-higher level permutations
are possible as well.

Just a few thoughts - Carc afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phann
Dungeon Master

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:35 am

On horses, the jury is still out for me. I suspect that we will enable horses to a degree in BoB.
Although there are just some places in BoB where I have a hard time envisioning them, so I will need to plan it out.

As far as races riding horses. That is a totally different issues. The problem there is that there is no model in the toolset to do it as far as I am aware. I still need to spend some quality time with the horses to be sure on that. As an example I doubt that Bioware modified the Minotaur model with a "ride" model. The minotaur is already significantly limited as a model, as an example, it can't sit and you can't see its armor. It is those same characteristics that govern a "ride" look.

We do have some talented folks in our player community that are more in tune to some of the technology than I am. I just know of no way to fix this with scripting. Perhaps others know of other ways to address this.

So to answer your question I would say for the forseeable future only the base races will get to ride, elves, halfers, dwarfs, halfelves, humans, and orcs. It may be possible to change a mino back to an orc (not sure how I feel about that).

P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Blackthorne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:16 am

a few suggestions/thoughts on BoB and 169...

Game Room:

Add a character customisation item in game room right of the subrace selector to add wings tails, etc (only funtional at level 1, like subrace selector)

Add a character repair submenu to Lulu (to remove old wings, tails, set head to slot 1, reset horse if crashed, and other fixes)

Add a trash bin by entrance, so it will actually get used (overladed players rarly walk to one at end of hall, instead littering on floor)

Remap room with new tileset (DL Too)

Expand Area to have Alcoves with chairs tables etc for players to talk (like death lounge) away from lulu.

Merchants:

Add new custom Helmets and Cloaks in custom metro store

Jousting Armor, Armor with tabards, loinclothes, longcoats, etc

Reorganise Token of Actions:

place all emote type actions into an *emote* menu, and incoperate same *emotes* into chat functionality.

Make a special "Faction" submenu, to seek brothers and sisters, and make faction only announcements like leader (but appropriate to rank of runeholder)

Overhaul Old Areas with New Tilesets:

use new interiors (esp entry room),

replace industious sewer tilesets with steamworks,

use barrows for metro crypts (esp boss area),

mons replaced with rural castle exterior, etc.

Update, old monsters with new looks, aka elite ogres, possibly make centaurs use satyr model, etc

Add some new subraces based on 169 creatures ands on sou and hotu creatures (since all are required now)

Possible Races : Asabi, Azer, Curst, Drider, Formian (Thri-Kreen), Ghoul, Imp, Mind Flayer, Ogre, Quasit, Revenant, Sahuagin, Satyr, Slaad (green), Stinger, Troll, Vampire, Wereboar (Beastman), Werecat (Tabaxi), Wererat (Ratkin), Wraith, etc

New Variants on old monsters : Gelatinous Cubes (Cherry, Lemon, Orange, Strawberry), Slaads (Tossed, Ceaser, Fruit, Potato),

lol,

seriously though, enableing the new ai from hotu (missle, defender, healer and stealth for both rogues and invis casters) only takes one variable per monster, and has dramatic effects in battle. (wizards etc set on stealth cast invis, hide, buff, summon, then attack and re-invis, etc if they have proper spells available, archers try to keep a ranged distance (great for raks) defenders use expertise, helpers heal and buff others (good for clerics), and so on)

Adding variety to old monster areas can be as easy as adding a few special pets, or class variants appropriate to each race (goblin bombadiers (with flaming oil), orc assassins, trained kobold rats, for low level, for higher, more varety in drow and driders, (mages, priests, trained spiders), beholders (mage, undead, hybrid, elder orbs, legendary gas spores that explode in cloud of diseased spores), and the like.

Add more presence of monster races in spawns, more spawns of the races of minotaurs, yuan-ti, lizardmen, troglodytes, gith, and the like would add flavor and richness to bob, and give the players of monsters a "population" of thier own, (esp great for dm events as well). Herbidus maps is a great place to start, but many mid-higher level permutations are possible as well.

Just a few thoughts - Carc Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narcs-bonds-of-blood.ultimaterpg.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NWN V1.69 releases   

Back to top Go down

NWN V1.69 releases
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Narc's Adventure Games II :: Visitor Information :: Visitor's Forum-
Jump to: